Written by Bridget Cushen on 23/06/2014
As excitement mounts in the City of Glasgow in the build up to the Games, we are absolutely delighted that Masters athletics will be prominently featured thanks to the renowned Photographer Alex Rotas, who has given permission to the Organisers to display some of her fantastic photos. The Photos will be displayed in the Kelvingrove Banstand which is the main hub, and in the Live Zone for the west of the city. Visitors will be able to see the following members in action:
- Tony Bowman (NVAC) exhibiting pain and glory as he anchors the M75 4 x 400m team to bronze medals at the European Veterans Track & Field Championships, Zittau, Germany in August 2012.
- Tracy Bezance (EVAC) winning the W45 400m at the World Masters Games in Italy in 2013.
- Rosemary Chrimes (MMAC) Scotland’s 1962 Commonwealth Games Discus Champion. The multi World record breaker and one of our longest serving members is also featured on Page 51 of the Festive Programme.
- Lorna Foster (Open) competing in the W50 Shot at the BMAF Track & Field Championships.
- Anne Martin (EVAC) winning the W75 triple jump at the BMAF Championships.
- Jhalam Singh (MMAC) about to take off in the M75 triple jump at the BMAF Championships.
- Andrew Webb (SCVAC) fantastic shot of him winning the M65 hurdles at the World Masters Games
- Sue Yeomans (SCVAC) beautiful photo of her clearing the bar in the W60 pole vault.
Alex has also published a quality book “Growing Old Competitively” which will be on sale in the Street Level Gallery in Glasgow and is also available either directly here and shortly through Amazon. This is a unique book that will have appeal well beyond Masters Athletics.