List of British, European and World indoor track and field records in 2014
Written by Bridget Cushen on 7/7/2014
Congratulations to the following masters who set new records during the indoor season:
- Clare Elms (VAC), W50 800m (2.21.09sec) and 1500m (4.40.07) she broke the records twice.
- Irie Hill (MMAC), broke her own W45 World pole vault record three times (3.55m)
- Caroline Powell (SWVAC), W60 400m (64.76sec) World Record.
She currently also holds the W50 (61.29sec) and W55 (62.11sec) World Records.
- Rosemary Chrimes (MMAC), W80 HJ 1.09m
- W35 4 x 200m Relay (1. 43.74) – Lesley Owusu, Sally Young, Susie McLoughlin and Ellena Ruddock
- W55 4 x 200m Relay (1.55.90) – Joan Tremble, Carole Filer, Averil McClelland and Jane Horder
- W60 4 x 200m Relay (2.05.59) – Anne Nelson, Caroline Marler, Sue Dassie and Caroline Powell
- Greg Dunson (MMAC), M50 Pentathlon 4231pts.
- Ian Richards (VAC), M65 3000m track walk 14.23.80sec
- M55 4 x 200 relay (1.40.58) Tennyson James, Ian Broadbent, Peter Hickey and Douglas Donald
- Sue Yeomans (SCVAC), W60 PV 2.87
- Greg Dunson (MMAC) M50 60mHurdles 8.48sec just 1/100th short of the current WR
- Tony Whiteman (NVAC), M40 800m 1:50.92
- Alasdair Ross (SCVAC) equalling Guideo Muller’s 2002 M60 200m European ER 25.24sec.
- Andrea Jenkins (EVAC), W35 Weight 16.54m
- Julie Machin (SCVAC), W40 Pentathlon, 4320pts.
- Helen Clitheroe W40 3000m 9:09.96
- Carole Filer (EVAC), W55 High Jump 1.44m, Long Jump 4.71m
- Theresa Eades (SCVAC),W55 Triple Jump 9.43m
- Claire Cameron (SVHC), W55 Weight 11.33m
- Sue Yeomans (SCVAC), W60 Long Jump 4.07m
- Vivien Bonner (SCVAC), W65 60m 9.20sec
- Iris Holder W70 Long Jump: 3.34m
- Carole Derrien (SCVAC) W75 Weight 9.16m
- Rosemary Chrimes (MMAC), W80 Long Jump 2.58m, 60m 11.49 and Shot 9.58m
- Richard Beardsell (NVAC), M35 400m 49.07sec
- James Thie (WMAA), M35 1500m 3:54.38 and 3000m 8.20.84sec
- Gavin Fordham (EVAC), M35 Pentathlon 3403pts.
- Stuart Thurgood (EVAC), M35 Weight 16.90m
- Greg Dunson (MMAC) M50 LJ 6.09m and HJ 1.80m
- Stephen Whyte (EVAC), M50 Weight Throw 22.10m
- John Mayor (EVAC), M55 Pentathlon 4066pts.
- Alasdair Ross (VAC), M60 400m 58.13sec
- David Wilcock (SCVAC), M60 800m 2.15.31sec.
- Peter Molloy (SWVAC), M65 800m 2.24.48sec., 1500m 4.47.50sec and 3000m 10.20.10sec.
- Sean Power (WVAA), M70 Triple Jump 9.41m
- Neil Griffin M65 Shot Put 13.73m
- John Ross (SVHC) M75 400m 71.90m
- James Farrar (NVAC), M85 400m 2.18.99sec.