|OutDoor Track||Outdoor Field||All Indoor||Visit WMA website for world records|
|One Hour Track||Outdoor Multi-Events||Indoor Multi-Events||Visit EMA website for European records|
|Track Relays||Throws Pentathlon||Road Walks|
|Selected Road Best Peformances||Track Relay Best Performances||Road Relays|
Instructions for registering New Records
Are you hoping to break a record?
Are you officiating at an event where masters records may be broken?
All records are subject to ratification. British masters records achieved at competitions where the competence of officials and standards of equipment is assured (*1) will automatically be ratified once notified to the Records Coordinator, who will check the application is correct and the criteria for a record has been for met. Records in other competitions (*2) can only be ratified if a track or field event record form has been filled in and signed by the appropriate officials.
It would help if the application was supported by the official result, Photo finish picture or a copy of the Field event card. Remember the wind card would also be required for Horizontal Jumps should this not be available on the official result.
When entering a TRACK event, please ensure that when a organiser “States fully Electronic Timing”, they are aware that the system used needs to be correctly aligned (IAAF/UKA rule 165). That is to say a zero control / gun test must be made and a copy made available to any one setting a British, European or World Masters record. We cannot accept record applications without a copy of the control test!
All European and World masters records can only be ratified on receipt of the appropriate record application form which is to be found on the EMA and WMA websites respectively. The forms should also be sent to the BMAF Records Coordinator in the first instance.
*1 Examples of meetings at which British masters records can be automatically ratified:
- BMAF, EMA and WMA track & field championships
- Olympics, World, European championships
- IAAF meetings both home & abroad
- Bedford International Games
- GB International Matches home and abroad
- British championships
- Home Countries Championships in England, SAF, Wales and Northern Ireland (inclusive of Masters Championships, should they be administered by these Countries)
- Celtic Cup
- UKA specific meetings
- Counties Athletic Union Championships
- Loughborough University (LEAP and International matches)
- BAL Premier/Divisions 1-4 & UKWAL Premier/Divisions 1-3
- BMAC Elite, Grand Prix and Gold Standard meetings
- Area Championships (North, Midlands and South)
Any other UK athletics meeting with a UKA permit level 3 or higher
*2: Examples of meetings requiring a British Masters Record Application form:
- BMAF Club Championships
- BMAF area Leagues
- EAMA matches
- Area and County Leagues
- County Championships
- BMC Academy & Regional Meetings
- Local Open Meetings
- Local Leagues
- Trophy Meetings
Any other UK athletics meeting with a UKA permit level 2 or lower