An Invitation from Peter Kennedy (Chairman)
Key date for your diary: BMAF AGM Sat 25th Nov 11:00 – 13:00
This is a critical point in the future of the British Masters Athletics and you can help us. This is your organisation so have your say.
What are the critical areas:
- Incorporation of BMAF: final decision on whether we should be managed by a Limited Company.
Vacant posts on the Executive: We currently have no nominations for these positions and without them there will be no championships:
- Track & Field Secretary
- Race Walking Secretary
In addition we have vacancies for the following roles:
- Head of Marketing & Communication: This role is important to the future development and growth of BMAF and is an Executive position.
- Vacant roles within BMAF Services: To avoid the need to pay for external resources, more volunteers are needed for the following specialist roles:
- Competition secretaries for national & international competitions – working within OpenTrack.
- Marketing & communications officers
- IT/data – related roles.
How can you help?
- Hear from our officers about current activities, our challenges and the plan for Incorporation and how you might support the future of BMAF.
- Offer your help, time and energy to fill or help with one of the vacant roles above.
Mentoring can be provided.
- If you are a qualified company secretary coming forward to provide advice on our incorporation plans would be invaluable.
The payback for spending 2 hours of your time at the AGM will be the feeling that you have helped BMAF prepare for the future and when you see the successes of BMAF next year you can congratulate yourself on helping us achieve this.
If you can’t attend the AGM but want to help, you are welcome to contact me.
Chairman of the BMAF
For and on behalf of British Masters Athletics Federation
Tel: 01273 477062 Mob: 07808 033532